Carlos Tevez dubs £650,000-a-week CSL spell 'a holiday'



Shenhua fans disappointed with Tevez's lucrative spell with the club are unlikely to be pleased with his latest remarks. 

Carlos Tevez has labelled his time in the Chinese Super League with Shanghai Shenhua as a "holiday". Forward Tevez secured a return to Boca Juniors for a third spell with the club this month, having left his boyhood club for China in December. The former Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus striker scored only four goals in 16 Chinese Super League appearances, receiving criticism for a supposed lack of effort. Reportedly earning $40million-a-year in his time in the CSL, Tevez was disappointed about his time in the far east, though he is able to see the funny side.

Asked about his spell in China by TyC Sports, Tevez joked: "I was on holiday for seven months in China. "It's fine for the Shanghai coach and president to criticise me, I didn't know what I was doing there." Addressing the end of his second stint with Boca, an exit that angered fans, Tevez added: "I know there are people who were annoyed by how I left, but that's normal.

"I was not in a position to give 100 per cent, but it was going to hurt the fans no matter what I did.  "Now the fans will see me again with the Boca shirt and they will be excited and happy."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chelsea appoint New Chief Executive

Barcelona star Coutinho trades emotional messages with former hero Steven Gerrard

Van Dijk first training with Liverpool team-mates